> My LifE BoX: Why I MALAYSIAN

About Me

Malaysia
We aRe nEver tOO oLd oR Too YouNg tO seT AnotheR gOal Or tO drEam A nEw dReaM PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN OFF MUSIC PLAYER WHICH ON YOUR RIGHT HANDSIDE(BEAR),BEFORE PLAYING A VIDEO

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Why I MALAYSIAN

Lots of friends thought I was mad to want to work in oversea. It was last year when i moved out from Malaysia to Ireland to work. I felt restless living at home and wanting to try something new and learning new experience in my life since I'm young. So i left my job as a Senior Event Operation Executive job and took the temporary job as a waiter to tide myself over, until my life is full of colour someday.

I intended to stay here for two years, but not even one year, i felt bored, i started missing some silly things, like my favorite Pan Mee (some sort of noodles), Nasi Lemak, Tom Yam, Prawn Mee, Seafood, spicy fried chicken KFC, Asam Laksa, Sushi, Korean food, Durian, Dim Sum, Siu Yok, Yong Tou Fu, Bak Tu Teh, Roti Canai, Teh O' ice limau, Pork Mee and vegetables...etc. Because i could not find any in Ireland, some more Irish eat much meat and they don eat spicy food. Yeah, i guess i could only eat these "so-called" malaysian food for now and I'll have to travel 6 hours in a bus, if i were to find an authentic malaysian food. Some more non spicy at all. It's Look alike Malaysia foods, but the taste... haha... Let's have a look... Jesus, Malaysian can not live without chili.


Japanese Noodles 'Wu Dong'

Prawn Mee


Nasi Lemak

Siu Yok
Asam Laksa



I miss my family and my friends... every single day. One of my friend came over visited me one month ago, but it never seemed long enough, i feel guilty that i could not spend more time on him. Because it was the 1st time and the only friend, Giin, visited me from Malaysia, that i realised how much i miss my friends. Thank you, Giin. Hearing about all things going on in Malaysia, friends hang out to party, yam cha, shopping, traveling and clubbing... made me feel like i was missing out my 'real life'!

I'm living alone in a tiny studio flat, just above my working place. This is my 3rd job in Ireland, and should be the final job as i thought would not change anymore until the day i leave Ireland. Although i made a few friends through out my working life in Ireland, but most of them could not consider as a soul mate to me. Most of the time...I'm alone. I can not live without my laptop, I've used to sitting on the bed and facing my lovely laptop (online) every single day. What is my life now? Working, sleeping, eating, online chatting and blogging (just started about a week). I used to go shopping alone, Gym alone, Sauna alone and travelling alone.

By then, I've decided to return. The great thing about my time away is that it made me love Malaysia more. I never regret coming to Ireland, because it changed me and made me realized that I'm loving Malaysia more than ever before. I've changed to be more independent, but Malaysia will always depend on family and friends...gaining more experience...still, I love Malaysia more than Ireland.

I will never leave where I m. I will be back soon 'Malaysia'!

6 comments:

Lee Chien said...

I'm Malaysian too!! hahaha.. and most probably i will go to accompany you soon liao.. hahaha..
by the way, how much is the price of the food? heard that oversea's malaysian food very expensive leh.. if i go there, some dishes i may able to make for you also, hahaha...

David-iguana said...

We couldn't find any sites containing "当我们还没出国的时候,我们总以为出国能学点新知识和见识,让我们的青春匆留白。但是日子久了我们就开始怀念我们的家乡大马.....malaysian boleh....在大马日子久了我们又会想飞出国的,所以人真的很矛盾的。 但是我学会了珍惜身边的每个人和事物,". Try using different search words.

verine said...

are u sure lee chien? u sure u can make for me? i want pan mee. haha... just love to eat pan mee so much! ya, u r right! damn expensive leh! abt 20euro one dish. tat day i spent abt 50euro for 4 dishes. abt RM200 for only 4 potion of MEE!

Lee Chien said...

i can cook, hahaha... but pan mee ah.. i dunoe how to make the mee, i learn first then cook for you, hahaha.. wah, very expensive leh... 20euro can eat nice fine-dining food there weih... last time my friend in US eaten a place of nasi lemak and cost around USD25 as well, expensive...

Phoebe Len said...

My love......i miss you alot alot here lah!!
althought we not always meet last time, but i treat you as my best friend!
if you talk bout PAN MEE, i rmb last time we work at Shah Alam, we always use to eat 1 kopitiam got PAN MEE is damn damn nice....~~!
hahaha...dunno it still there or not leh..hope we can go there and try again that auntie PAN MEE!!
im waiting you back here oh!!

verine said...

ya, my love... i always think of the auntie pan mee... and now u make me feel hungry oh! omg!! i hope the day i return the auntie pan mee still there! we still can eat! the pan mee damn nice... til now i still remember the taste of the pan mee leh... haha... auntie pan mee pls wait for me!